Cleanser: Cetaphil I Toner: Dickinson's I Essential Oil: Measurable Difference Rose Hip Oil I Eye Gel: Retinol I Face Mist: Caudalíe
Today I'm sharing my skincare routine for both day & night! I've become a bit of a skincare nut in the past few years. Living in New York can be harsh on your skin, especially your face from constant contact with city pollution and changing weather. With all that in mind I started researching different skincare options and came up with a plethora of options all ranging in price and as much as I would love to get Crème de la Mer or Dior Restorative Crème I don't have that in the budget. So I took a different route and headed to my local drugstore and found the equivalent to my pricier choices.
My morning routine skincare routine is so important to me, I will not leave my house without taking care of my face first.
- First I start with a Cetaphil cleanser, I love how light and clean my face feels each time I use it.
- After I apply Dickinson's Toner, its great for cleaning off any residual dirt
- Then its time to moisturize! I love essential oils, especially Rose oil (read all about that in my last post Rosy Disposition)
- I finish it off with my retinol eye gel.
- Then sometimes I'll mist some Caudalíe beauty elixir, after I apply some highlighter and lipstick and head out the door.
Wipes: Jean Pierre Micellar Cleansing Wipes I Cleanser: Pond's I Retinol & Retinol Eye Gel I Moisturizer: Neutrogena Naturals
Lipstick: Tom Ford
Washing my face at night was something that took me a while to get into. I'm usually tired so I just do a quick wash and head straight to bed but I realized this is probably the MOST important part of my day.
I can't stress enough the importance of not sleeping with makeup on! Think about how much you do in a day, how many things you come in contact with -- that was enough for me to know the importance of really cleaning my face.
- First I take off the makeup with Micellar cleansing wipes.
- Then I'll apply Pond's Cream Cleanser (an oldie but goodie) it's also great for washing off makeup.
- After my face is cleansed I move on to applying my retinol one to my full face and the other for under the eye.
- Finally I lather on my Neutrogena moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated and soft through out the night.
I've actually come to love doing this day + night skincare routine. I know it seems like a lot but it's so easy and has become so ingrained in my daily routine that I don't even think about it and I can honestly say my skin has benefited from it. It's a special time for me, where I can take the time to pamper myself and relax either before my day starts or unwinding at the end of a long day.
What are your beauty routines? Let me know below and let me know any of your favorite beauty on a budget finds. I'm always looking for more things to try.